All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Celebrate your love for people, resilience and beauty with our artisan-made
home décor and gifts. Azizi Life is committed to loving, fair trade, ethical
relationships. A portion of profit is donated to benefit our community impact projects.
The Handwoven Details
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl, 3 days to weave a medium bowl, and 5 days to weave a large tray.
- Dimensions: small bowl 7″ d; medium bowl 12″ d; large tray 16″ d.
- Available in Black, Teal, and Blush.
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth.
- Ethically crafted by a person in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
- Also available in Rwanda at the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
More than 4554 stitches are hand woven into every medium bowl. And with every stitch, the artisan had her family in mind. With her fair wage income, she provides for the wellbeing of her household in the Rwandan countryside. Nourishment, health, education, and dreams for a bright future- your basket holds much love.Meet the Artisan