All of our woven wall hangings are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the wall hanging, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Celebrate your love for people, resilience and beauty with our artisan-made home décor and gifts. Azizi Life is committed to loving, fair trade, ethical relationships. A portion of profit is donated to benefit our community impact projects.
About This Design
The Daybreak wall hanging and bowls are inspired by nature. While watching the sunrise through the clouds, Macy breathes in a new day and all-new mercies that come with it. The sunset on the horizon while on the back porch with her family, Macy feels the vastness of this world and knows that every day has a purpose.
The Handcrafted Details
- Our handwoven baskets are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Each wall hanging also has two loops on the back for hanging- making it possible to position the wall hanging just how’d you like!
- Each basket comes with a tag containing a bit of information about the artisan group that made it.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl, 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl and 6 days to weave a grand wall hanging.
- Diameters: small bowl 7″ d; medium bowl 12″ d; grand wall hanging 18″ d.
- Care: Dust with a dry cloth.
- Ethically crafted by a person in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
- Also available in Rwanda at the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
About the Macy White Collection
The Macy White Home Collection has curated items designed by Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, interior designer Macy White.
One of Macy’s mantras is design with intentionality. Having a space that is full of pieces that tell a story is what makes a house come alive. Experiencing those items while being around people your love is what makes a house a home.
Abihuta mu Iterambere Cooperative
Within their first year of working together, the artisans of Abihuta were happy to find that they were able to start a savings group, pay for their family’s national health insurance and serve as an example and inspiration for their neighbors. We love our customers around the world.Meet the Artisan