For the design of the Local + Lejos Collection Prism pattern, designer Sheeva combined colors from her native land, Los Angeles, and the native land of the artisans, Rwanda. Bringing together the teal of the Pacific Ocean and the pink tones of the East African sunrise to give you the perfect reminder of warmer months, wherever you may be. Natural Neutral Prism Bowls are made from 100% natural white sisal fibers dyed with local tea leaves.
The Handwoven Details
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Available in Light Pink & Teal and Coral & Teal. Please note that the teal shades are different in these two variations.
- Also available in Tea & White. These fibers are dyed with natural tea leaves; shades may vary.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl, 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl, and 5-7 days to weave a large tray.
- Dimensions: small bowl 7″ d, medium bowl 12″ d, large tray 16″ d.
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth.
More than 4554 stitches are hand woven into every medium bowl. And with every stitch, the artisan had her family in mind. With her fair wage income, she provides for the wellbeing of her household in the Rwandan countryside. Nourishment, health, education, and dreams for a bright future- your basket holds much love.
Go to artisan's pageMeet the Artisan
There are no reviews yet.