The Handcrafted Details:
- These lightweight ornaments are carved from the thin branch of a Jacaranda tree.
- Tree Branch Birds vary in thickness.
- Length: On average, 4.3 inches
- Ethically crafted by a person in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
Hezekiah learned woodcarving from his father, and in turn, he desires to teach other youth to carve. Creating beautiful birds ornaments and mobiles, Hezekiah is able to help support his mother and siblings since his father’s death. Hezekiah’s birds are carved from the branches of the Jacaranda tree, which regenerates itself with continued growth after it has been cut.Meet the Artisan