All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Celebrate your love for people, resilience and beauty with our artisan-made
home décor and gifts. Azizi Life is committed to loving, fair trade, ethical
relationships. A portion of profit is donated to benefit our community impact projects.
The Handcrafted Details
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl and 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl.
- Available in Tea with Black, Tea with Burnt Orange & Black, and Tea with Hunter Green & Black.
- Dimensions: small bowl 7″ d, medium bowl 12″ d.
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth.
- Ethically crafted by a person in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
- Also available in Rwanda at the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
Abadacogora has 22 weavers.- half are older ladies and rest are youth. Each one learnt their weaving skills from their parents and continue to pass it down through the generations. With hard work, strong financial management and prayers, Abadacogora strive to be successful and sustainable.Meet the Artisan