The woven basket with a pointed lid is a Rwandan cultural symbol. The traditional stripe pattern represents a path taken by friends, carrying gifts to another dear friend. These miniature baskets are a beautiful way to bring a piece of Rwandan tradition to your Christmas celebration.
They also make wonderful gifts for wedding or shower guests.
Woven from natural sisal fibers, these baskets are lightweight. An artisan weaves for at least one full day to create one 4 inch basket.
Though securely attached, the lids of these miniature baskets can be removed- it’s the perfect hiding place for a small gift!
Buy one, or create your own set. Or adorn your whole tree in baskets!
Interested in custom colors for your event? Contact us early about special-ordering miniature baskets in the colors of your choice: email@example.com.
The Handcrafted Details
- Hand woven from natural sisal fibers.
- An artisan weaves for at least one full day to create one basket.
- Choose your color! Basket designs may very slightly.
- Ask us about the possibility of special-ordering miniature baskets in the colors of your choice: firstname.lastname@example.org. They great wedding favors or special occasion gifts!
- Miniature baskets can be opened and are great for holding a small gift or treat.
- Height: Tall = 4 inches
- Care: Dust with a dry cloth.
The Ingabokarugo “Helping Our Homes” Cooperative is made up of more than twenty women who endeavor to contribute to the livelihoods of their families through weaving. These artisans also are much-loved hostesses of Azizi Life Experiences guests. Our financial independence has improved our relationships with our husbands and enabled us to contribute to our households.Meet the Artisan