All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The large woven bowl is flat on the bottom and makes a beautiful tray for serving or display. Imagine the medium bowl on your dining room table filled with warm bread or fruit. The small bowl is a beautiful way to hold jewelry or keys, or it may be filled with small treats and used as a gift basket. Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging- the set combined with other Azizi Life bowl designs makes for the perfectly curated bowl wall.
The Handcrafted Details
- Limited edition Boutique Collection designs are made in small batches and will not be remade.
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging- the family set looks stunning displayed on a wall.
- Each basket comes with a tag containing a bit of information about the artisan group that made it.
- Large size: 16 inches across.
- Medium size: 12 inches across.
- Small size: 7 inches across.
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth.
Icyizere group learned sewing, print-making, pearls beautification and weaving. They decided to focus on weaving bowls and trivets because of the opportunity to work with Azizi Life.With help from Azizi Life, Icyizere Shyogwe became more organized, members’ skills improved and they received fair wages for their products. !
Go to artisan's pageMeet the Artisan
There are no reviews yet.