- Nesting trays are made from hand-gathered local banana leaves and stalks.
- Choose from a natural or patterned interior.
- Nesting trays are sold in sets of three.
- Tray handles vary.
- On average, nesting trays measure approximately: 16” x 12” x 3” (large), 14” x 10” x 2.5” (meduim), and 12.5” x 9” x 2” (small).
- The smallest tray is just the right size to hold sheets of letter-sized paper.
- The medium and large trays fit a 9″x13” baking pan- a beautiful presentation for home or pot luck meals which also helps keep your dish warm.
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth. Our trays can get wet, but do not submerge. Dry in the sun.
Banana leaves and stalks become beautiful and functional household goods through hand craftsmanship. Abaharaniriterambere means People Fighting for Development, and the weavers of this cooperative are determined to use their craft to lift their families out of poverty and contribute to their community. We use our time together not only to weave and exchange advice, but also to discuss important topics such as women’s rights.Meet the Artisan