- The artisans use the weaving technique traditionally used for baskets to create these unique rings.
- The napkin rings are available in 8 color combinations: teal, yellow, & natural (white); cranberry & tea; tea & cranberry; cranberry & natural; tea & natural; dark tea & light tea; tea & natural zig-zag (love this one!); and China blue & natural.
- We love the teal stripes for summer and the cranberry varieties for autumn.
- Try complimentary color sets to add interest to your table!
- The tea color is created when the naturally-white fibers are steeped in Rwandan tea.
- Each napkin ring is woven from natural, locally-grown sisal fibers.
- Please note that because the woven fibers are hand-dyed, color shades may vary.
- Napkin rings are sold in sets of four.
- The napkin rings measure 1.2 inches each.
- Napkins not included.
AVEKI Widows' Cooperative
The members of AVEKI Widows’ Cooperative meet weekly to weave natural sisal fibers into beautiful baskets and household items. With their craft, the women are fighting against poverty and developing their families without having to always have to ask for financial help from others. With the fair wage income from their weaving, they have been able to buy annual medical insurance for their families. We hope that in the future, each member will be able to own a cow and to pay school fees for her children.Meet the Artisan