All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Natural white fibers, straight from the sisal plant + forest grasses. That’s it. Artisans love the simplicity of this woven bowl, and we think you will too!
The Giko Bowl is the perfect choice for the 100% natural person on your gift list. Watch for more Giko colors… and let us know @azizilife which colors you would like to see next!
Celebrate your love for people, resilience and beauty with our artisan-made home décor and gifts. Azizi Life is committed to loving, fair trade, ethical relationships. A portion of profit is donated to benefit our community impact projects.
The Handcrafted Details
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl and 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl.
- Dimensions: small bowl 7″ d; medium bowl 12″ d; large tray 16″ d.
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth.
- Ethically crafted by a person in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
- Also available in Rwanda at the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
The women of the Zamuka cooperative are focused and determined. They are determined to be excellent weavers. They are determined to support one another. They are determined to build a strong foundation for their cooperative, their families, and their community. The income from weaving means that they can invest in the health of their land and their families. As a result of our weaving, our children have increased access to nutrition, health, and education.Meet the Artisan