With our hand woven earrings, you’ll be wearing a statement of your commitment to natural, ethically-made, handcrafted products. Dress them up or make it casual- we think you’ll love the lightweight ease of these earrings.
Each pair of earrings spent significant time in the hands of a woman in rural Rwanda. She weaves from her home or group workshop, integrating her craft with all the demands of running a home. If you were to sit with the weaver of your earrings, you might enjoy chatting, laughing together, giving attention to the kids, sharing tips and news, and maybe even some singing. Enjoy!
- Disc earrings are hand-woven from natural sisal fibers.
- One pair of earrings takes about two hours to weave.
- Our woven earrings are very lightweight!
- Available in natural white, tea, black, blush, ice blue, and celestial blue.
- We use only hypoallergenic earring hooks for our jewelry.
- Care: Store out of direct sunlight.
- Ethically crafted by women in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation.
Abumurava’s vision is to work together in order that the members may develop themselves, increase their standard of living, and reduce their financial dependence on others. Through Azizi Life's nonprofit organization, the members have chosen to buy stoves which use less firewood. The weavers of Abumurava hope one day to have a cooperative house and a plantation of sisal for weaving. We welcome visitors for Experience days and like to share our skills in weaving sisal fibers.Meet the Artisan