Artisans carve our bowls from local Musave wood, a tree which regrows after it has been cut. The all-natural brown and black finishes are made using an innovative polish of soot from neighboring kitchens. The light color is simply the natural, unfinished Musave wood.
Celebrate your love for people, resilience and beauty with our artisan-made home décor and gifts. Azizi Life is committed to loving, fair trade, ethical relationships. A portion of profit is donated to benefit our community impact projects.
About This Design
Our Elube Bowls were designed by Toronto-based designer Karin Bennett as a passion project which also serves her signature design aesthetic. Elube is the name of a child in Malawi whom Karin’s family has sponsored through World Vision.
Karin’s Designer Tip: “We are always looking for textured bowls and trays with a handmade feel in varying stains for our projects. We imagine these custom pieces in any room of the home, placed on bookshelves, coffee tables, dressers and console tables.”
The Handcrafted Details
- Each bowl comes with a tag which shares a bit of story.
- Dimensions: 6″ D x 2.75″ H
- All-Natural Finishes: Natural Light, Medium Soot Finish, and Dark Soot Finish. Note: The final buffing process of the soot finish creates a degree of colorfastness but due to the natural finishing process, some transfer of color is possible. Avoid abrasive movement of the soot-finished bowls across light colored surfaces.
- Packaged in a kitenge fabric gift bag.
- Care: Dust with a dry cloth. Avoid getting wet.
- Ethically crafted by a skilled craftsman in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
About The Karin Bennett Designs Collection
The Karin Bennett Designs Collection has curated items designed by Toronto-based designer Karin Bennett. Karin’s family sponsors three children in Malawi through World vision. The family’s first visit to Africa visiting these children ignited Karin’s passion for the people of Africa. Partnering with Azizi Life was a natural fit.
Karin says, “We believe in designing homes that reflect our clients’ lifestyle while incorporating the much-loved KBD signature aesthetic of blended neural colors and organic textures.”
Karin Bennett Designs strives to transform your space into something both beautiful and livable.
KIIUKA Cooperative is a group of 6 young talented men who specialize in wood carving.In terms of money and time, among the products we make, we like crafting measuring cups. But in terms of our feelings, we like crafting nativity sets, which remind us of the birth of Jesus. Working with Azizi Life is our hope; it is making us who we were wishing to be. - . Jabiro Jean de DieuMeet the Artisan