Prayer Update – August 2019
‘I lift up my eyes to the mountains – where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.’ Psalm 121:1-2
- Goma in DRC (right on the border with Rwanda) has recently had a number of Ebola cases reported. Please pray the medical teams in the DRC will be able to contain this deadly disease quickly and that Rwanda will remain unaffected.
- Our search for a permanent home in Rwanda has come up against some barriers. We found the land but are unable to build until we get the agreement of the Environmental Minister. We shall submit our full proposal to the Environmental Minister in early September. Please pray the Architects can create something beautiful and our proposal will get full approval so that we can finally start construction.
- Please Pray for our Annual Artisan Council (23rd August) when we meet with representatives of all the Azizi Life groups. Pray the time will be full of blessing as we celebrate the past success and plan for the future.
- The craft team are working on a number of custom designs for new customers. Please pray the orders are all completed on time and with excellence.
- A past employer of the head of our packing team has invited her to come back to work for them. The position she has been offered is a step up in both salary and opportunity and, beyond what we can offer. Please do pray for Aimee and she takes on this new role. Please also pray we find someone perfect to take on the role she leaves behind.
- Please pray for the swift healing of a couple of our artisan partners
- Jean de Dieu a wood carver from Inganzo fell down and has injured his arm.
- Marie Therese a weaver from Ingobokarugo has just had eyesurgery.
- We shall be hosting a large group of visitors in October and there is a lot to prepare for their time with us. Please pray that we manage to sort out all the logistics in time and the visit will run smoothly and, the guests feel something of God’s love while they are with us.
AZIZI LIFE IMPACT (UBI)
- After a full application process at the beginning of August UBI hired a new employee, Felix. Please pray his training and probation period goes well so that he will become a permanent member of the team.
- Please join us in praising God for all the graduates in July from the Adult Literacy program (352 people in total). And please pray for the new Literacy classes that start this month.
- Please pray that God will provide more funding for the UBI programs. Specifically for the Adult Literacy and the Bibles we give out on graduation.
- Please join us in praising God for connecting us with many new partners. But please also Pray we are able to source all the raw materials we need to meet the demand of our new clients.
AZIZI LIFE US
- The US Board of Directors is seeking one to three new members. Please help us to find the right people to join our team of volunteers.
- Christi has a new sales schedule this year which will mean that she will be in the US in September and October for some special sales events. Please ask for God’s guidance in these plans and that it will be very fruitful. Please ask for open doors. We also plan to represent Azizi Life at a big event in NYC in February to introduce the artisans’ work to companies who might want to stock larger quantities. We praise God for providing volunteers to help us! We ask for God’s presence with us so that this also will have a big impact.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer.
From the Azizi Life Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!