The Macy White Home Collection has curated items designed by Oklahoma City interior designer Macy White.
Macy’s Hand Carved Wooden Spoons were born out of many memories in the kitchen growing up cooking and baking with different women in her life. Learning to make soup during the holidays, cakes and pies for birthdays, early morning coffee, and many more, each one of these times created a memory to last forever.
By naming each carved item after an incredible woman in her life, Macy wanted these items to be that much more special than just an everyday wooden spoon. With each stir, scoop, and scrape we hope these spoons will be a part of the memories in happy homes to come.
Oklahoma to Africa isn’t a close distance to collaborate on creative projects. Communicating with people across the globe brings on many challenges, but the products born of this partnership reflect the heart and skill of both the designer and the creators. It is truly an honor for Macy and Azizi Life artisans to bring you this beautiful and inspiring collection.
- Holds approximately 2 tablespoons of ground coffee. (Looking for great Rwandan-grown, direct trade coffee? We recommend Rwanda Bean Coffee!)
- Hand-carved from light colored Musave wood or the marbled dark colored Acacia wood.
- Finished with our local all-natural beeswax polish.
- Please note that the shape and shade may vary slightly as they are all carved by hand from different cuts of wood.
- Size: Approximately 5 inches long
- Care: Handwash with mild soap and warm water. Please avoid bleach and the dishwasher.
Inganzo’s artistic focus is wooden figures significant to faith or Rwandan culture, such as nativities or statues of Rwandans in the midst of daily life.On a hill near my father’s home and next to my twin brother, I have built my own home with my income from wood carving. – Sylvere ManiraguhaMeet the Artisan