All of our wooden spoons are hand carved by small groups of men in rural workshops and homes in Rwanda. They are finished with an all-natural beeswax polish from Beeutiful Creations.
Celebrate your love for people, resilience and beauty with our artisan-made collections for kitchen, table and home. Azizi Life is committed to loving, fair trade, ethical relationships. A portion of profit is donated to benefit our community impact projects.
HOSPITALITY SERVING SET includes one of each of the following:
- Mason Mini Serving Boards in three designs:
- Rectangle Mason Mini Serving Board: 12″ x 6″
- Round Mason Mini Serving Board: 8″
- Square Mason Mini Serving Board: 9″ x 9″
- Leslie Ladle
- Donna Jean Serving Spoon Set
- Faye Pie Server
CARVED SPOON & SERVING BOARD DETAILS
- The spoons are hand-carved from the Musave tree – a tree that regrows after it’s been cut.
- The serving boards are carved from local Pine.
- All serving boards and spoons are finished with house-made, natural, food-safe beeswax polish.
- Please note that the shape and shade of the spoons and serving boards may vary slightly as they are all carved by hand from different cuts of wood. The beeswax polish brings out the natural coloring of the wood, which may include tan, yellow, and dark wood grain.
- Care: Hand wash with mild soap and warm water. Please avoid bleach and the dishwasher.
- Ethically crafted by a person in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
- Also available in Rwanda at the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
About The Macy White Collection
The Macy White Home Collection has curated items designed by Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, interior designer Macy White.
Macy’s Hand Carved Wooden Spoons were born out of many memories in the kitchen growing up cooking and baking with different women in her life, for whom the spoons are now named. Learning to make soup during the holidays, cakes and pies for birthdays, early morning coffee, and many more, each one of these times created a memory to last forever.
The products born of this partnership reflect the heart and skill of both the designer and the creators. It is truly an honor for Macy and Azizi Life artisan partners to bring you this beautiful and inspiring collection.
Inganzo’s artistic focus is wooden figures significant to faith or Rwandan culture, such as nativities or statues of Rwandans in the midst of daily life.On a hill near my father’s home and next to my twin brother, I have built my own home with my income from wood carving. – Sylvere ManiraguhaMeet the Artisan