Our original-style coasters are back for a limited time!
Artisans craft these coasters in the style of traditional sisal peace baskets. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The coasters are made by artisans from the Kundagaseke Cooperative. Click on the sneak peek image on the side of this page to find out more about the group.
Celebrate your love for people, resilience and beauty with our artisan-made home décor and gifts. Azizi Life is committed to loving, fair trade, ethical relationships. A portion of profit is donated to benefit our community impact projects.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibers
- Set of 4 coasters
- Dimensions: 3.5″ diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Ethically crafted by a person in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
- Also available in Rwanda at the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
Kundagaseke’s artistic specialty is weaving traditional Rwandan baskets from natural sisal fibers. The weavers’ primary desire is to connect with customers – a large and sustainable market – so that their weaving can provide a consistent income for them and their families. The members of the group also hope to keep progressing so they can follow their individual dreams: like paying tuition for their children to go to school. Our purpose is to fight against poverty and to develop ourselves.Meet the Artisan