All of our wooden spoons are hand carved by small groups of men in rural workshops and homes in Rwanda. They are finished with an all-natural beeswax polish from Beeutiful Creations.
Celebrate your love for people, resilience and beauty with our artisan-made collections for kitchen, table and home. Azizi Life is committed to loving, fair trade, ethical relationships. A portion of profit is donated to benefit our community impact projects.
The Handcrafted Details
- Featuring the Kendal Large Scoop, Merideth Slotted Spoon, the Quinn Small Scoop, and the Kenzie Blunt End
- Hand-carved from Musave tree – a tree that regrows after it’s been cut.
- Available in natural wood finished with beeswax polish.
- Please note that the shape and shade may vary slightly as they are all carved by hand from different cuts of wood.
- Size: All three spoons are approximately 12.5 inches long
- Care: Handwash with mild soap and warm water. Please avoid bleach and the dishwasher.
- Ethically crafted by a person in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
- Also available in Rwanda at the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
About The Macy White Collection
The Macy White Home Collection has curated items designed by Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, interior designer Macy White.
Macy’s Hand Carved Wooden Spoons were born out of many memories in the kitchen growing up cooking and baking with different women in her life. Learning to make soup during the holidays, cakes and pies for birthdays, early morning coffee, and many more, each one of these times created a memory to last forever.
By naming each carved item after an incredible woman in her life, Macy wanted these items to be that much more special than just an everyday wooden spoon. With each stir, scoop, and scrape we hope these spoons will be a part of the memories in happy homes to come.
The products born of this partnership reflect the heart and skill of both the designer and the creators. It is truly an honor for Macy and Azizi Life artisan partners to bring you this beautiful and inspiring collection.
Inganzo’s artistic focus is wooden figures significant to faith or Rwandan culture, such as nativities or statues of Rwandans in the midst of daily life.On a hill near my father’s home and next to my twin brother, I have built my own home with my income from wood carving. – Sylvere ManiraguhaMeet the Artisan