All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Celebrate your love for people, resilience and beauty with our artisan-made
home décor and gifts. Azizi Life is committed to loving, fair trade, ethical
relationships. A portion of profit is donated to benefit our community impact projects.
The Handcrafted Details
- Each bowl comes with a tag containing a bit of information on the artisan group that made it.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl, 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl and 5-7 days to weave a large tray.
- Dimensions: small bowl 7″ d; medium bowl 12″ d; large tray 16″ d.
- Ethically crafted by a person in rural Rwanda.
- Azizi Life is a member of the Fair Trade Federation and committed to fair trade principles.
- Every product supports our community impact projects.
- Also available in Rwanda at the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
The weavers of Duteraninkunga began as members of a savings and loan group who discovered that many had skills in weaving. Those weavers taught others in their group, and eventually a weaving cooperative was born. With strength and endurance, Duteraninkunga weavers craft baskets larger than most weavers have ever made in their whole lives!Meet the Artisan