God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea…
- This fall in Rwanda we had an election period for all of our local leaders. Please ask for blessing and guidance for all of the new and incumbent leaders, that each will have a righteous vision for their areas of leadership and for their teams.
- We praise God that the COVID-19 vaccine is now available for children as young as 12 years old. We are also thankful for his hand of protection on Rwanda.
AZIZI LIFE RWANDA
- Please ask for blessing on the next steps in preparing for the building of our own multipurpose facility. May God prepare the way and give us trustworthy professionals and skilled laborers with whom to work. (The above photo is of Azizi Life’s new acre, on which we plan to build!)
- We are raising funds for a solar power system for our new facility. Please ask for success for our campaign and for generous donations to exceed our $15,000 goal.
- We are continuing to work towards the February opening of our new gift shop at the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund. Please ask for blessing as we build relationships and plans. We praise God for his favor and for the amazing cameo Azizi Life artisan partner, Yvonne Vuguziga, had on the Ellen Show this past month.
- Please also ask for God’s help in overcoming barriers to building new relationships with artisan groups near the Campus who will create the products and host guests for Experience days.
- We praise God that we are on track to complete the biggest-ever order for Beeutiful Creations. Please ask that all the logistics would come together to finish well.
- Please pray for the mother of Speratha, a weaver of earrings. She is suffering from a significant respiratory issue.
- Pelina, a weaver of bowls, is carrying a heavy weight of grief and responsibility following the death of her oldest son and the mysterious breakdowns of her husband and middle school-aged son.
- Alphonsine, a weaver from Pelina’s cooperative, asks for prayer for her husband who is suffering with an issue with an inner nerve of the head.
- One of our artisan partners, Yvonne, has advanced her family’s wellbeing enough to be able to return to school in October. Please ask for success in her studies and in her vision to become a nurse or lab technician. Ask for blessing for her husband and children while Yvonne is away, and for provision for continued studies.
AZIZI LIFE IMPACT
- In the new intake of adult literacy students, we had a record 1,000 people enroll. The majority of students are women, but we have seen an increase in male participants from previous years, which is wonderful. We are thankful that now our classes include short Bible lessons. Please pray for the advancement of a process of creating Gospel lessons which integrate into the curriculum.
- The literacy students from our local prison will graduate at the end of December. Pray for God’s blessing as we celebrate this victory with a gift of Bibles.
- Sadly, one of the literacy students, Ange, was recently killed in a bicycle accident. Please pray for God’s powerful help for her two young daughters, Princesse and Mutoni.
- We praise God for his intervention in the lives of two girls, ages 11 and 16, who have each tried to take their own lives in recent days. Let’s call them Lily and Mary. We are connected to these girls through Azizi Life’s nonprofit partnerships. Pray for God’s powerful deliverance and healing for Lily and Mary and their families.
- Please pray for the healing of injuries and of painful conditions for our staff. Please pray for healing of serious conditions within our team and their families. Several key members of our team in Rwanda are affected.
- Thank you for praying with us about Jessica, the 10-year-old daughter of our CEO, Jeannine. You remember that there was a strong possibility that she would lose one of her lungs in surgery. We praise God that Jessica came out of surgery with both lungs intact!! We also praise God that the issues seems to be resolved and that there was no cancer found. Please pray for continued, full healing for Jessica.
AZIZI LIFE US
- As we finish out the busiest selling season of the year, please pray that our website and technology would work well.
- Pray also for our Creative Team, Emily and Elizabete, as they promote the artisans’ work and try to connect with more people and increase sales.
- Ask that we would have record-breaking sales and exceed our multiplication goals.
Celebrating new opportunities!
With love from the Azizi Life Team